St Thomas More. Where RDH was baptized. This is also the church Mommy grew up in and Mommy and Daddy were married in.
What a weekend we had.....by Mommy.
Friday: Our friends, the Carswells, were headed to Austin from San Antonio and we were supposed to meet them for dinner on Friday....so I took off early and Richard had the day off. I picked August up from Gina's and we were home by 5pm. I started getting the baby changed and Richard was packing up the car. I had the baby on the ground and was throwing away the diaper and washing my hands when he started to cry. August gets really upset when the baby is upset so he ran in the room. Then he decided to lay down on his back like the baby (often imitates the baby when he is upset) and was not looking where he was laying down and went smack down on the sharp corner of the foot of his crib. It made a TERRIBLE sound and his head cracked open. SCARIEST THING EVER. I scooped him up and could feel the blood pouring out. August never lost consciousness but was so upset. We rushed out of the house and started driving to Dell's Children's Hospital.....while driving August seemed to be doing ok - so we decided to go to ARC instead since they have after hours at their South location and I knew it was staffed by pediatricians. It was a great decision, because we were seen right away (no ER wait) by this super nice, sweet, calm pediatrician. He was great with August. He cleaned up his head, which looked terrible since it was matted with blood, and examined him. He decided August needed a staple and did it right there in the office with no sedation. August was such a trooper. Other then having a staple in his head, which we will need to get removed later this week, the only thing that seems to be upsetting August is that he can't wear his hat....which he dearly loves. Other than that - he seems fine. I also had the baby looked at since he has had a cough that he cant shake....and I figured - while we were there, might as well. The baby's exam was fine as well and the Doctor could not find anything wrong, so that is good news. After our tramatic Friday evening, it was nice to come home....Richard made dinner, and we just rested.
Saturday was a great day! RDH was baptized at St Thomas More, where I grew up and was married. It was a beautiful ceremony and it was so wonderful that Father Elmer (who is retired now) agreed to come back for the baptism. RDH's Godparents are Randy and Aimee Carswell.....Richard has known Randy since he was 10 years old. So for 25 years! They were next door neighbors growing up.
After the ceremony, we all went to my Mom's for a little celebration. The kids had a great time all running around in the backyard. Once we got home to our house....it was apparent that August was WIRED!!! He was INSANE and had an uncontrollable amount of energy.....after talking to a few guests at the party - I found out why.....He had apparently eaten (from what we can figure) 12+ munchkins and 2 cookies!!! and this is a child who never eats sugar.....needless to say, we will stick to our no-sugar rule going forward or only allow him a little and I will make sure he cant reach the table the sugar is on. August already has abundant energy - he doesnt need anymore! By the end of the day he could even say "munchkin".....not a good sign!
Sunday: Richard had the boys and I went to my friend Connie's Sprinkle. This will be her third baby and she is finally getting her little girl :-) Everything was beautiful at the Sprinkle and Richard did excellent with the boys on his own....he even cooked dinner that night! I should leave more often!
So that was our CRAZY weekend....I am up for some lower key ones in the future!







Poor August!!! The munchkins were to make his head feel better. That is hilarious. I think when they sell a dozen munchkins they do not intend for one person to eat them all!
ReplyDeleteThe title of your and Richards blog couldn't be better. You two are the busiest little boys I know. Mom and dad must have lots of energy ha. Love you both in green. Richard tell mom that Aunt Lynne's left pupil is larger than the right. I had to have it checked also and all was fine. I love looking at your pictures and mom's stories of your adventures. It keeps me close to you when I am so far away. Love you little ones, God Bless you. Love Aunt Lynne
ReplyDelete