Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy and Fish Out of Water - Advice Needed

Happy Birthday Daddy!

I hope you have a very special 34th birthday....and Mommy would like to remind you, that you will always be older than her ;-)


Fish Out of Water - Advice Needed
I have had many nicknames through out the 4 1/2 months I have been alive. When was a few days old, I could get out of ANY swaddle, even the special swaddle blankets that had velcro. I always wanted my arms free and I would wiggle until they were. This earned me the nickname "Hoodini" or just "Hoodi" as mommy would refer to me. Then once I passed my due date and starting eating, I became "Hoggie Augie" or "Hoggust." Now, given recent events, I have a new nickname.....fish! I can not stay still in my crib!!! I am like a fish just flipping around the whole crib. Once I learned how to roll over, that is seriously all i do.....Mommy will put me down in my crib - asleep (ok - Mom knows that you are supposed to put babies down awake....but geez - we are still working on the whole sleep thing) and I flip over - while still asleep!! I flip all around in my crib - so that at any given night, I have slept in every spot possible and all on my tummy. Mommy and Daddy come in and flip me back to my back and I just roll right on over. The Doctor says it is not good for me to sleep on my tummy this young - but I just love it! Mommy looked at buying an infant positioner for me to wedge on the sides of me to keep me in place - but they all say that once a baby starts rolling and moving to not use them. Anyone out there have advice on how to keep me on my back and my face away from the bumper pads?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, my understanding is that they can sleep on their tummies once they can roll. I believe you are supposed to put them down on their backs and if they flip, leave them. If in doubt, try calling his doctor to verify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Rachel is right, he can sleep on his tummy once he is flipping onto it. Honestly, it doesn't sound like you can prevent it! I would put him down on his back anyway. Also, you can get a mesh bumper at BRU. That way he won't land face first in his bumper. Of course, the mesh ones aren't as cute but they help so a leg or arm won't get stuck in the slats!

    ReplyDelete