
Many of you have seemed to imply that entering the seminary will be a significant change from Ernst and Young. I thought I would leave you all with a Top 10 list of why I don't think the seminary will be such a stretch after 7 years at Ernst and Young:
10. Giving a "going concern" opinion is pretty much like offering last rights.
9. I can't think of a theological concept more challenging than "not more like that not," "other than temporary," or the always classic, "probable and reasonably estimable..."
8. The Second Spiritual Work of Mercy is to "instruct the ignorant" (I'll just leave that one alone)
7. I doubt the Knights of Columbus Fish Fry will ever match the intensity of the now legendary 2002 Christmas Party.
6. I am already comfortable with doing most of my work on the weekends.
5. "Bless me Father for I have sinned" is not too far from "We didn't make our forecast and our inventory is out of control."
4. The Pope-mobile is not any more complicated than some of those cars Avis sticks us with. (what is a Jeep Patriot anyway???)
3. I'm already an expert in profound hand gestures and liturgical movements
2. Instead of going to work in Brooks Brothers, I'll get to take comparative philosophy with Brother Brooks.
And the Number 1 reason:
After 7 years of working with the people on my teams, I can't help but feel absolutely and unequivocally blessed.
- the inspiring words of Mommy's friend Kevin







No comments:
Post a Comment