Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One Year ago and Nine Years Ago today. Who knew July 21st would be so special?




Nine Years ago today, Mommy met Daddy......and then a year ago today....Mommy received the news that I was going to be born. It all went down like this....
Mom always practiced Ashtanga on Saturdays and Sundays and went to her Vinaysa classes during the week. The week before she found out she was pregnant with me, she felt very dizzy in her classes, which seemed odd, because she had never felt this way before. On Sunday, the 20th, during her Ashtanga class, she felt terrible and in the middle of her headstand, she almost fell over she was so unbalanced. (poor ashtangi that was next to mom, he was probably praying that she didn't fall over on him) She left the class feeling confused...being the hard headed mom she is she still tried to run that afternoon....but I had other plans for her (enough was enough mom)....I made her super sick and sent her to bed.....She blamed it on the July heat and the heat of an Ashtanga room, but in the back of her mind, she knew something was off. Monday morning - July 21st, she awoke at 5am to go on her early morning run. Still feeling funny she decided to take a pregnancy test.....and surprise - my existance was annouced in big digital letters "pregnant." Mommy kept waiting for the "not" to show up....but it never did. I was quite a shock to Mommy and Daddy, because they were planning for me to come along maybe after their trip to Europe in August. But why would I wait - I wanted to go to Europe too :-) Mommy cried tears of joy and Daddy was super excited. Mom didn't even realize that it was July 21st and it was the day mom and dad met until dad reminded her :-) July 21st will always hold such a special meaning in the Hellers' hearts. I celebrated today by playing with Grandma, "talking" somemore, and rolling over!

4 comments:

  1. yeah!! I'm glad to see that your new outfits I got you fit ok! I had fun playing with you Saturday. See you in 2 weeks (Aug 1) We will have a good time while I am babysitting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marci, i told stacey that augie looks best in white and blue. so good choices! and onesies for all that are reading that. he enjoys that over tops and pants.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Augie,I just heard you on the phone. You have so much to say and i can tell it's important by your voice. We had so much fun Monday with you. You are so cute and smart. I will be sending pictures Uncle Bob took on Monday. I agree Blue is a great color for you. You have such beautiful Blue eyes. Hope to see you again soon and we will plan to see mom & dad too. I miss you already. Have a great weekend. Love Aunt Lynne

    ReplyDelete