Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Re- Sleeping Training

On November 1st, a lot changed and I stopped sleeping through the night. I started in a new room at daycare, the time changed, mommy slowly started the weaning process, and I got a stomach virus. In between all this change, I picked up 2 nighttime feedings....one at 12am and one at 430am. Since I didn't do it every night and I had that darn stomach virus, Mommy and Daddy gave in and would feed me. Well, after my 9 month appointment on Monday, Dr. H cut me off. She said no more night time feedings, no matter what is going on. So I am currently being re-ferberized! The last 2 nights have gone as follows:
Monday Night - down to bed at 830pm.....and I slept all the way until 430am and wanted a "snack." That is when the "ferberizing" started...I was not picked up, not fed, and just patted every 5, 7, 10, 15 minutes until 6am and I finally fell back asleep.
Tuesday Night - down to bed at 830pm....and awake at 12am for a "snack." I was patted and shhhed until 1am , when I finally went down and didn't wake up again :-)
"Ferberizing" is so hard on Mommy because all she wants to do is pick me up when I am crying....but it is in my best interest to sleep....or so she says...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain. At 9 months I forced H to drop her only night feeding which was at 3 or 4 am. It only took a few nights. H's Dr. recommended not even going in when she wakes as that will cause her to want it more. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure don't miss those days. Hang in there, Augie!!

    ReplyDelete