Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

We found it!

Mommy is very excited. She just toured the best school ever for me! Now we just have to hope I get in! I am not eligible to go until next year around this time (after I turn 2), and I am on the waiting list....but of course there is a HUGE waiting list! Seems like these waiting lists at the good schools just keep growing and growing! I think the director said there were 150 kiddos on the list last year and the class was filled with siblings alone (they get first priority), so all we can do is hope and wait until next year when my first year of eligibility comes up. Thank you so much Ava's Mommy for telling us about his place. When Mommy left her tour yesterday, she actually thought to herself - "I would actually work to be able to afford to send August here." It is truly an amazing school with amazing concepts. It is Montessori based, but with an Austin twist. It is extremely "Austiny" and we love it! No sugar is even allowed in the classrooms - even at birthdays! YAY! Anyway - I could go on and on about this place....it was like a sanctuary tucked away in the 78704 zip code (yes - of course it is located in Central Austin.....where else would you find a place like this??.....but Mommy said it is totally worth the drive). The children were having so much fun learning! There seemed to be an emphasis on math, which Mommy loves and if I am anything like my Daddy - the math genius - this will be great for me! There is also a huge emphasis on outdoor time as Mommy saw the gardens the kids had planted, the wonderful playgrounds, and a group of kiddos that were on an archaeological dig :-). Other things that "wowed" Mommy was a 4 year old who had written a little book....seriously? at 4? Another 4 year old who completed a number board to 100! and another 4 year old who was doing addition and subtraction.....and this was all in a "play" environment.....not a "work" environment. The school was very calm and the teachers seemed so supportive and loving. Anyway - it is a wonderful school and we are hoping and hoping I get in! Mommy especially liked that one of the main extra curricular activities is yoga! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get in! What is the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the name as well, sounds like a great place.

    ReplyDelete