My little angel all ready!
St Thomas More.....where I spent a good part of my childhood....every Sunday, weeknights at CCD, Saturdays cleaning the church and attending Dad's "folk" choir practices. I have sooooo many memories of this church. Richard and I were married here and RDH was baptized here too. August was baptized in Laredo where his grandparents (Richard's parents) where married and where Richard was baptized.
August and RDH spotting Grandma coming!
Samuel's very special Godparents. Juan and Richard were roommates in college and Michele and I met when they lived together 10 yrs ago. And we are so lucky that they live just a few houses up the street from us now!
YAY! Grandma is here! the boys LOVE their Grandma!
Sweet Janae.....who is about to be a big sister!
Starting the baptism. Father Elmer, who met my Dad when my Dad was in College ended up being our Priest at St Thomas More for 20 years! He is retired now, but will graciously come and perform baptisms for us. He is also the Priest that buried my Dad....he is very connected to our family and visited us everyday for days after my father passed. He is a kind and loving person and it was great to have him do the baptism and join us afterwards for the celebration. We reminisced about my Dad at lunch.....it was great to laugh over fun memories. Hopefully Dad was there in Spirit, as I know he would be proud of his grandsons.
Sam gets the sign of the cross
Praying over Sam
Blessing the Holy Water
Pouring of the Holy water
Sam had the BIGGEST smile when being baptized!
Sam gets the sign of the cross with oil
Lighting of Sam's unity candle from the Church candle
August holding Sam's candle
RDH holding Sam's candle (this made me nervous!)
Godparents, Our family, and the Priest
The Grandmas!
The Blessing of Sam's Bible and Rosary.
Cousin Jeremiah in his stylish suit!
Andrew and August playing!
Our Family of 5!
August hiding
Connie, Sam, and I
Marci and Jeremiah at the party afterwards.
RDH "driving"
RDH and Carly
The whole table!
Smiling Sam! Happy to be baptized :-)
Here are some random photos of the boys.....in matching clothes. They love to match because one ALWAYS wants what the other has!
Yummy deserts for Sam's baptism! I am SUPER picky about my cupcakes and cakes......these did not disappoint!
This weekend was wonderful! Such a very special time for Samuel. I was so happy to have awesome friends and family to share it with!







No comments:
Post a Comment