Some recent funny conversations with August....I love the way this kid thinks!
Background: To encourage August to eat and to go to bed on time, I told him that it will make him big. That when he eats healthy he gets big and strong and when he sleeps all night in his big boy bed, he gets bigger! He is very interested and excited to be big like Daddy, so this motivation is very effective!
August - after waking up in the morning: "Mommy! I got bigger. I am going to get bigger and bigger, not giant.....just bigger."
August had a Toy Story "Woody" band aid on a mosquito bite that he refused to take off. It was starting to make the bite worse.....so I told him we would have to take it off or he would get impetigo. Somehow in August's mind, "impetigo" got turned into a green superhero that scares August. But now it is easy to get him to wash his hands and let me put on neosporin on cuts.....because all I have to do is threaten that impetigo is coming! Terrible, yet effective!
Last night I had a conversation with August because his friend Adi is moving back to India for the summer and today is the last day he gets to play with Adi. August and Adi have been friends at Gina for almost two years, so I know he will miss him. August's response is that Mommy, Baby____ (he calls him by name, but we arent telling anyone yet :-), Richard Dean, and Daddy should all move to India too. Uhhhhh, sorry August - no thanks!
I love having conversation with August! Especially at night when I am tucking him in. Everynight I ask him what he wants to thank God for. Sometimes he thanks God for Mommy, the baby in Mommy's belly, "Drother", and Daddy.......other times, it is his whole list of friends, and sometimes it is just as simple as "cars."
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment