Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Potty Training

A few months ago, Gina asked me if she could start working with August on potty training. She thought he was ready and all the other parents of the little boys she watches were wanting to start potty training their kids. Gina didnt want August to be left out of the process. I agreed to it since he seemed super excited about the little potties she had purchased for the kids. I bought a potty for home, but have never really worked with August to use it. Honestly, I am in no hurry.....I have RDH in diapers too, so I have just accepted that diapers will be in our house for the forseeable future. Well.....last week Gina got brave and went and bought all the boys underwear. August was super super excited about this and it is all he has been talking about. Yesterday he went all day without an accident in his big boy underwear.....he peed in the potty 3 times and even pooped! Guess he is ready and God Bless Gina for taking on this task for me. She is such a wonderful caregiver! I am so proud of August....he is really doing well!!
On another note....August has been really worried about these fires in Austin. For 45 minutes last night and on the entire ride to Gina's today he talked about how the fires are scaring him, me, daddy, the baby, "gam-ma".....I think we need to stop talking about the fires....he seems really concerned. On the whole drive to Gina's he was on the look out for fires and fire trucks.

1 comment:

  1. Good for Augie! Haley again has no interest. Wishing she did. When I put undies on her, she ends up wetting them. Ugh. Rachel

    ReplyDelete