Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day! AND RDH's 6 Month Stats

RDH!

Baby Carly!
August chasing Luke and Andrew

August, realizing I baked cookies. Nothing gets past this kid anymore!
Eating our Mothers Day Breakfast. GEEEEZ looking back on the pictures from the last 6 months, I realized I am ALWAYS in a nursing top! I promise I have like 10 of these gray ones.......its not always the same shirt!

We had a great Mothers Day weekend and I hope all the Mommies out there got to enjoy their special day/weekend!


Friday Richard and I went to Cool River for dinner....and since it is located right next to grandma, we dropped the kiddos off there and had a nice quiet dinner (not sure kids would have even been allowed anyway). Thank you Grandma!


Saturday we all went over to Connie and Chucks to visit baby Carly (ADORABLE!) and to bring the Collins dinner. August had a blast playing with Luke and Andrew, who graciously shared their trains and RDH had fun watching the crazy boys. Carly is so sweet and had the cutest little dress on for our visit. Connie looked fabulous and I am so jealous that she has pretty much lost all her baby weight and Carly is only 3 weeks old!


Sunday Richard took August and picked up Rudy's breaskfast tacos (August LOVED errands with Daddy!), washed and waxed my car, did the weekly grocery shopping, and made steak, salmon, and shrimp for dinner! He even bought a special desert for me. Grandma also came over to enjoy Mothers Day with us :-) Richard then bathed Augie and put him to bed. I will say, I was quite spoiled on Mothers Day :-)

Monday, RDH had his 6 month well visit with Dr H. He was declared a very healthy little boy. He had fun rolling all around the exam table...that is...until the shots! Richard asked Dr H what color RDH's eyes will be and she said blue/gray. To me they have some green in them, regardless, they are beautiful!
RDH is still only breastfed with 1 meal of solids a day, so Dr H prescribed him a vitamin D with fluoride......this is new to me because August was breastfed too, and all I ever had him on was Vitamin D.....have any other Mothers used this prescription Vitamin D plus fluoride? I asked the pharmacist at Peoples and she was in favor of Vitamin D only......but I dont know.......confusing! Dr H also said that recommended "first foods" for exclusively breastfed babies have changed to meats.....this is also different from when August was 6 months. She said they need extra zinc and iron. So the appointment was full of new information. In my opinion, breastmilk is really all they need, but I will try and incorporate some of these new suggestions.
Here are RDH's 6 month stats (and for those of you who are wondering.....baby boys and baby girls have different growth charts):
Head Circumference: 17.25 inches - 50th percentile
Weight: 17.7 pounds - 50th percentile
Height: 26.5 inches - 50th percentile.
So RDH is still trending where he has always been!
The last thing Dr H left us with is that we should start sleep training and RDH should not get to nurse at 2am. This is going to be hard for both mommy and RDH.....so I think it will take a few weeks before that is incorporated.



No comments:

Post a Comment