About a month ago, Mrs Gina talked to me about starting to potty train August. She said she thought he was ready and the other parents of the 2 year old boys that are with her were wanting to start. I was lukewarm to this idea.....as I was not even thinking about starting potty training until 3 years. She went over her strategy on training with me (and gave me tons of research to read on potty training) and since it was a very slow approach/no pressure, I conceded and said she could start training August when the other boys started in May. Well, apparently August LOVES peeing in the toilet! He is not able to completely control himself yet, but he is consistantly going everyday after nap (and has been for 2 weeks) in the toilet. He comes home everyday with a sticker and is VERY proud to tell me that he went pee pee. I know we have a long way to go before we get to underwear, but he is doing so much better than I would have thought at this age! Of course, it helps tremedously that we have Mrs. Gina! Ill post pictures of his daily sheets to show his "accomplishment" later :-)
Gina even took a picture of all 3 little boys "peeing" on their respective toilets for the first time (she was so excited!). It is hilarious, however, that one will not be going on the internet.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment