Friday, November 20, 2009
H1N1 Vaccine
Apparently H1N1 is all over my daycare and Mommy is not sure what to do. We know at least 5 kiddos that have suffered through the virus...and Mom figures if she knows 5 kids....then there are probably way more than that with the virus at school that we don't know. Anyway, Mommy is debating on getting me the H1N1 vaccine. She has heard good and bad regarding the vaccine and at this point just doesn't know who to believe, however, she is starting to lean towards getting it for me. I spend 9 hours a day/ 5 days a week in daycare and so I am constantly exposed. Feel free to email Mommy or post your thoughts.....she is still debating in her head. She is not opposed to vaccines - per se - but does believe in the body's own strong way of healing naturally. So far I have received all my vaccines to date - including 2 seasonal flu shots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Haley has gotten 1 of 2 of the H1N1 shots and will go next Thurs or Fri to get the second. The reason I choose to get it for her was that if she did get sick and ended up in the hostpital, etc. I would never have forgave myself for not giving her the vaccine that could have prevented it. While I do agree that it is a personal choice at the same time I do believe that those who are not vaccinated pose a risk of transmitting any vaccine preventable disease to those who cannot be vaccinated for one reason or another. Just my two cents though...
ReplyDeleteAnd P.S. I got my H1N1 too and my arm hurt like heck for like 4 days.
Uncle Bob and I got it and no problems. I think mom needs to go with her "gut"instinct and talk with her Dr. If it were me I would say as long as you are going to be in day care you need that protection. There is a vaccine without the things mom worries about,like your regular flu shot. She wwon't make the wrong dcission, it is a personal choice. You are so precious to us all, hope to see you soon. Love & hugs Aunt LYNNE
ReplyDeleteHi! I got the H1N1 for both boys...and am ready to get Hayes his second round once available. I got the shot, so Cael is protected. Do what you feel comfortable with...but so far, so good in the Roberts house.
ReplyDelete