Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Conversations with August

I haven't done one of these entries in a while and August says so much so I wanted to paper a few of his recent "conversations" before I forget them. 1. Setting: Bath time. August has different sizes of ducks to play with in the bath. He lines them all up on the edge according to size and then says. "Daddy Duck, Momma Duck, and Baby Duck" as he points to each one. Then he takes the baby duck and makes a crying noise. Then he takes the Momma duck and makes it say "oh baby." Then he places the baby duck on the momma duck's chest and makes an eating sound. He has done this for me, Richard, and Grandma! HILARIOUS! Guess the baby breastfeeding has really been on his mind! He also points to my chest and says "Baby Eats" and nods his head. 2. The other night I was reading to August and noticed his knees were scratched up. I asked him what happened and he said "Walk, Ouch, Big Ouch, Knee" I called up Ms Gina that night and she said that August fell on their neighborhood walk. Poor August, he was trying to tell me how he fell during their walk! 3. Setting: Pretty much anywhere around the house where the baby is: August will throw Ho Ho in the baby's face and then say "NO BABY, it's Adoba's Ho Ho" then you can pretty much replace "Ho Ho" with anything,......No Baby, it's Adobas______ (fill in the blank). Richard and I have realized that when August is referring to himself - it he uses the name "Adoba," however, he can say "August" and will use that if he sees pictures of himself or a reflection of himself in the mirror.....funny how toddler brains work! 4. A few new phrases he has are: "Where are you?" When he gets home in the evenings with Richard, he usually comes running into the house saying..."Where are you Momma?" SO CUTE! I think he thinks I don't leave the house, since I leave after Richard in the mornings and get home before him. "Got you" "Momma's _____"-(fill in the blank with pretty much anything.....shirt, shoes, hat, etc) "Daddy's _______"(same as above) "Baby's ______" (same as above) August - we love hearing your little voice! (ok - i have tried to fix the formatting on this entry like 10 times.....but blogger prefers to just jumble the whole post together :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment