After 2 nights, the move is officially on hold until future notice and RDH will have to spend more time in the Pack N Play. I am not using the bassinet piece since he is 13 pounds, so I hope he will be comfortable and safe ( has anyone out there used this for sleeping for an extended amount of time?). I would love to have him in the crib and out of our room, but August is just too young to move. About a week ago, I decided it was time for August to move upstairs (after all; I do have friends that have kids younger than August in beds already). We were going to start out with just a twin mattress on the floor because his furniture is not here yet and because he is too little to be that high in a bed anyway. Friday night we kept everything the same......dinner, bath, rocking - then upstairs we went.....over the past week before bath time we have been "visiting" his new room and laying on the bed and telling him this was his new room and bed. Friday, August didnt fall asleep until 11:30 (regular bedtime 8pm) and that was after lots of tears. After falling off the mattress a couple of times (thank goodness we have carpet!) he then he woke up at 4:30am and would only stay asleep if Richard stayed in the room. Saturday night started the same,.....so we have decided to wait a bit......we dont need two kids and two parents not sleeping in the house!!!! And we dont want to start a habit of August needing us in the room to sleep because right now he puts himself to sleep and sleeps a good 12 hours a night.....since he had such a rough time....the move is on hold. Any one who has advice on moving a toddler, please let me know....is it supposed to be this hard? I am thinking it should be easier, but that August must just not be ready....but I dont know.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
The move has been HALTED!
After 2 nights, the move is officially on hold until future notice and RDH will have to spend more time in the Pack N Play. I am not using the bassinet piece since he is 13 pounds, so I hope he will be comfortable and safe ( has anyone out there used this for sleeping for an extended amount of time?). I would love to have him in the crib and out of our room, but August is just too young to move. About a week ago, I decided it was time for August to move upstairs (after all; I do have friends that have kids younger than August in beds already). We were going to start out with just a twin mattress on the floor because his furniture is not here yet and because he is too little to be that high in a bed anyway. Friday night we kept everything the same......dinner, bath, rocking - then upstairs we went.....over the past week before bath time we have been "visiting" his new room and laying on the bed and telling him this was his new room and bed. Friday, August didnt fall asleep until 11:30 (regular bedtime 8pm) and that was after lots of tears. After falling off the mattress a couple of times (thank goodness we have carpet!) he then he woke up at 4:30am and would only stay asleep if Richard stayed in the room. Saturday night started the same,.....so we have decided to wait a bit......we dont need two kids and two parents not sleeping in the house!!!! And we dont want to start a habit of August needing us in the room to sleep because right now he puts himself to sleep and sleeps a good 12 hours a night.....since he had such a rough time....the move is on hold. Any one who has advice on moving a toddler, please let me know....is it supposed to be this hard? I am thinking it should be easier, but that August must just not be ready....but I dont know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







My advice....buy a cheap second crib. My parents got a cheaper one at Wal-Mart or Target and it comes apart easy and stores under the bed. Then when Augie is ready, move him to a big bed and put RD in his crib. Not worth the hassle.
ReplyDelete